The Institute makes every effort to ensure that courses are offered as described below and that any changes would add to rather than detract from students' opportunities. However, circumstances beyond our control may occasionally make this impossible. Therefore, we reserve the right to alter or withdraw particular courses or syllabi, as well as to offer new ones.
We are working on broadening the offer of Optional Courses by co-operating with other Institutes and Centers that offer courses in English. Students can choose up to two elective courses outside TAS during their studies.
- TRAS1.P1 Theory and Practice in Social and Political Studies
- TRAS2.P1 World Politics in the 21st Century: Toward a Post-American World?
- TRAS3.P2 Research Methods in Social Studies.
- TRAS4.P2 Europe and the United States in the 20th Century
- TRAS6.P3 Transatlantic Literature and Cultural Exchange
- TRAS7.P3 Social Change in the Age of Globalization
- TRAS9.P4 The Politics of Law in US and EU
- TRAS10.P4 MA Seminar
For the list of elective courses, please see the schedules. They are published usually around one month before the start of a given semester.