Skip to main content

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Student Visa

Non-EU Citizens

Students should have a valid passport and student visa.

Every foreigner who is not a citizen of a country with which the Republic of Poland has concluded an agreement on the abolition of the visa obligation must apply for a visa in advance in order to enter the territory of the Republic of Poland. The Polish Consuls are authorized to issue visas outside the territory of the Republic of Poland. The visa you will apply for, permit a foreigner to stay in Poland no longer than 6 months within a period of 12 months.

If you are planning to stay more than 6 months (in case of visa holders) or more than 3 months (in case of those who do not have to apply for a visa), instead of prolonging the visa or applying for it, you must apply for a temporary residence permit. The formalities usually take a longer time, so it is highly advisable to take care of them as soon as you arrive in Poland.

EU Citizens

All citizens of the EU and European Free Trade Association (EFTA) can cross the Polish border on the basis of a valid ID. A stay longer than three months should be legalized by the permission for Temporary Residence (Temporary Residence Card), issued by the local Voivodship Office.

Dual Citizenship

If a student has two passports, and one of them is Polish, a student should enter and exit Poland on a Polish passport. In this situation student dose not need to have a visa.