General Info About Program Starting in 2021
Faculty of International and Political Studies (FIPS) is TAS's main organizational unit, while the Institute of American Studies and Polish Diaspora is our home Institute, where our program is taught. We are a graduate (second-cycle), full-time, academic studies in the field of TransAtlantic Studies. Our program is taught entirely in English. TAS's admission limit is set to 20 students.
Our studies last 2 years (4 semesters) and start each year in October.
Where to apply?
Application Process for Candidates in 2021
Who can apply?
Candidates applying to this program need to be holders of a higher education diploma (e.g. Licencjat or BA) awarded in any field. The diploma needs to confirm their eligibility to undertake second-cycle programs of study in Poland.
Additional formal requirement
Candidates are additionally formally required to pass an interview verifying their command of the English language. The interview is considered passed upon earning at least 60% of points. Candidates who present documents confirming their command of English at least at the B2 level are exempted from the interview and are automatically awarded a result of 100% from this interview. A list of selected documents confirming the command of English, recognized at the Jagiellonian University, may be found here: list of documents.
Place and time of the interview
The interview takes place in Kraków on the day specified in the admission schedule as dates of the “entrance examinations”. Candidates are notified of the address and the specific time when the interview is scheduled to take place individually through their OAS accounts by no later than two days before the dates in the admission schedule. If a candidate cannot meet the examination team in person for an interview in Kraków, the interview takes place via Skype.
Calculating the final result
- Documents analysis: 100%
- Motivation letter,
- Curriculum Vitae (résumé), highlighting academic achievements and language abilities. Curriculum Vitae should be prepared in the Europass format, available at https://europa.eu/europass/en,
- Europass Language Passport. This document should be submitted on the Europass Language Passport form, available at: https://transatlantic.uj.edu.pl/documents/7091601/0/Language+Skills/2df6ece1-302a-4a7b-9b55-a7ca9289fe50.
- personal questionnaire downloaded from the system, including the photograph, together with other documents downloaded from the system from under the link “Documents and further steps” in the table of the application for this program,
- copy of higher education diploma, entitling its holder (the candidate) to enroll into a second-cycle graduate program, with the original document available for inspection,
- copies of documents uploaded in the system as part of the application, with the original documents available for inspection.
- Polish sworn translator (person entered into the registry of sworn translators and interpreters kept by the Polish Minister of Justice; see: registry of translators) or
- a person registered in an equivalent function to the Polish sworn translator in a Member State of the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, or another OECD country or
- Polish consul proper for the country where the document was issued, or within the legal system of which the document was issued or
- diplomatic mission, accredited in Poland, or consular office proper for the country where the document was issued, or within the legal system of which the document was issued.
Apostille clause and legalization also need to be translated.
- power of attorney—if the candidate is represented by another person for the enrolment (download form),
- a decision issued by the director of Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange or by the Polish Minister of Science and Higher Education—if the candidate is referred for studies by the minister.
- health insurance valid for the period of studying in Poland, or
- European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), or
- coverage by the Polish National Health Fund (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia), or
- confirmation that the insurer covers medical costs in Poland in the amount of at least 30 000 EUR.